Meetings & Events information
Please Register & Pay Here: EVENTBRITE LINK HERE
Date: September 16, 2022
3-hour continuing education program
Continuing Education Clock Hours: 3.0
Presenters: Lantie Jorandby, M.D. & Philip Warrick, LMHC-QS, MCAP
Title: Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders and their Impacts on the Mental Health Professional
Medical professionals require a unique approach to evaluation and treatment for mental health, suicide and depression, and substance use disorders. This is due to their professional needs, confidentiality requirements, and the challenging nature of their occupations. Recognition, proper evaluation, and appropriate therapeutic interventions are essential for the patient’s success.
Treating professionals struggling with substance use disorders presents unique challenges, requiring specific interventions to achieve successful outcomes. It can be difficult to navigate the recovery process when you’re helping yourself or someone you care about. This presentation aims to discuss the treatment process for professionals, overviewing their unique challenges and how they are addressed therapeutically. Looking at how both inpatient treatment and aftercare planning play significant roles in the success of a professional. Discussing the importance of family support and the differences between helping and enabling. Join us for a constructive conversation about professionals and mental health and substance use disorders.
Agenda & Objectives:
- Review the unique risks of depression and suicide for medical professionals: 9:00 am – 9:30 am
- Discuss effective treatment interventions for medical professionals: 9:30 am – 10:00 am
- Discuss the unique challenges professionals face when entering treatment: 10:00 am – 10:30 am
Break 10:30 – 10:45 am
- Learn the therapeutic approaches used to address their unique challenges: 10:45 am – 11:15 am
- Discuss the role of aftercare and the options available: 11:15 am -11:45 am
- Recognize the difference between helping and enabling – Healthy boundaries and resources for families: 11:45 am – 12:15 pm
Continuing education hours; please read details: CEU hours are awaiting approval
3.0 CEUs for Ohio Social Workers & Counselors, Employee Assistance Professionals (CEAP), Ohio Chemical Dependency Counselors, and Nurses may use hours from other licensure boards.